Monday, May 11, 2009

Comedy or Tragedy... escapism

Thank Heavens for Monday nights... it is what actually gets me through Mondays.. to know that after spending hours at work I get to come home and share a solid 30 minutes with my son consumed with laughter as we watch Big Bang.. it truly is the highlight of my week. Unfortunately, tonight's episode was the season finale... dang it... after laughing for 30 minutes my son looks at me with a straight face and says "Your Mondays are gonna suck now"... oh how right he is. :(

Escapism.. I guess that is what that 30 minutes is for me... escaping from the doldrums of everyday life into a world much funnier.... wittier.. than mine. A case of fabulous characters who do things/say things/think things that I can only imagine doing... if I had the sense of humor... the courage... the comedic timing...

In the world we live in.... escapism has its advantages and I will take part whenever the opportunity arises.. whether it be a funny show like Big Bang... or a romantic comedy (I can only take those in VERY small doses).

If only the whole world was a sitcom... which character would you be?

(As I type this.. I hear my son laughing in his room as he is watching George Lopez... laughter is good for the soul... especially when it is the laughter of your child). I will sleep well tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment